If you’ve been to any lottery retailer in 파워볼 사이트 the United States, the odds are you’ve seen signs highlighting the prominent Powerball game. The game is one of the most popular in the country, as it offers massive multi-million dollar jackpots. People from throughout the country will tune in to see the game’s drawings every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
But what is Powerball, and what makes it a noteworthy game? Let’s take a closer look at this popular American lottery sensation.
The History of Powerball
Powerball started in 1988 as Lotto America, a multi-state lottery draw game. The game was formed by the Multi-State Lottery Association, an organization that connects various state lottery groups. The game would eventually be rebranded in 1992 as Powerball 파워볼사이트 ★.
The game also used a new format for play. Whereas Lotto America had players pick seven numbers from 1 to 40 and eventually picking six numbers from 1 to 54, Powerball uses a two-drum system that the game still utilizes today: 안전 파워볼 사이트
- One drum will feature a series of white balls. Players must pick five of those balls.
- The second drum will have a few red balls known as Powerballs. Players must pick one of these numbers. A player who correctly picks the Powerball will have a better shot at winning prizes.
Powerball continued to expand throughout the United States and even competed against the Big Game. This competing multi-state game was formed in 1996 and was rebranded as Mega Millions in 2002. Powerball and Mega Millions would expand in 2010 to where individual state lotteries had the option to carry both games.
Powerball saw two significant format changes in the 2010s. In 2012, Powerball tickets went from $1 to $2 each. In 2015, the number of white balls went from 59 to 69, while the number of Powerballs went from 35 to 26. The game still uses these standards today.
Today Powerball is available in all forty-five states that offer lotteries plus the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the United States Virgin Islands. Powerball will no longer be available in Idaho as of August 2021 due to concerns over Powerball hoping to expand operations to Australia and the United Kingdom.
How Do You Play Powerball 엔트리 파워볼?
Playing Powerball is easy, as you can get a ticket for a draw at any lottery retailer in the country in moments. Here’s how you can start playing the game:
- Select five of the white balls from a pool of 69 numbers. You can manually select them on a paper slip or a digital lottery kiosk, or you can ask for the terminal to randomly select the numbers.
- Select one Powerball number from a list of 26 numbers. You can also let the terminal select the number if you wish.
- Specify if you want to use the Power Play option. The feature costs $1 extra, but it gives you a random multiplier that will multiply your non-jackpot winnings from two to five times if you win.
- You can also use the Multi-Draw option to select the number of consecutive drawings that you wish to use your numbers. You could use the same numbers for multiple drawings if you wish. This feature is convenient if you have a series of favorite numbers you wish to keep playing. The number of Multi-Draw plays you can make at a time will vary by state.
- Pay for your ticket before it can become final. It costs $2 per ticket or $3 for a Power Play ticket.
The cut-off time for ticket sales is about an hour or two before the drawing time at 10:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The specific time will vary by state.
What Prizes Are There?
Powerball gives players nine ways to 파워볼 놀이터 win. But the key is to match the Powerball, as you will automatically win if you correctly pick the Powerball. You’d have to consider picking multiple Powerball numbers if you wish to buy multiple tickets to cover a better variety of possible outcomes.
Here’s what you could win with a base ticket:
- You will win $4 if you match the Powerball or get one white number and the Powerball.
- You will win $7 if you match three white numbers or two white numbers and the Powerball.
- The prize rises to $100 if you get three white numbers and the Powerball or four white numbers.
- Players will get $50,000 for matching four white numbers and the Powerball.
- You can get $1 million if you match all five white numbers, but you miss the Powerball.
- The jackpot goes to whoever matches all six numbers in the draw.
The official Powerball website at powerball.com lists the odds of winning a prize at 1 in 24.87. The lowest odds for a prize is 1 in 38.32 for matching the Powerball. The odds for winning the jackpot are 1 in 292,201,338.
The Power Play multiplier gives you the potential to win more money. The random Power Play number will be chosen right before the draw. The Power Play feature will entail a 2x, 3x, 4x, or 5x multiplier. Sometimes the game will offer a 10x multiplier, but that is for promotional purposes throughout the year.
The odds of getting a 5x multiplier when a 10x multiplier is unavailable are 1 in 21. The odds for a 10x multiplier when it is open are 1 in 43.
The Power Play feature does not work for the jackpot. Also, you will be limited to winning $2 million if you match all five white numbers. You could still win up to $500,000 if you match four white numbers and the Powerball 파워볼 사이트 모음.
Powerball has a base jackpot of $40 million. There are no 안전 파워볼 limits to how high the jackpot can reach, as it went to nearly $1.6 billion in early 2016. But there are some terms to note if you win the jackpot:
- You will likely have 180 days from the drawing to cash in your ticket if you win the jackpot.
- You may not be allowed to remain anonymous, depending on the state where you bought your ticket.
- Taxes will apply to your ticket, although the taxes may vary by state.
- You may have the option to either take thirty annual installments or one lump-sum payment. The lump-sum payment is smaller in value due to the higher tax rate and the time value of the money.